Affinity Group are growing and we’re looking for colleagues to join us in our journey and help us open our 2nd office, based in Frankfurt. We’re looking for the right candidate to join us as a Project Director. Do you get excited by the idea of being part of a young growing business where your knowledge and experience will contribute to building a strong brand and growing relationships with our clients? You will have direct accountability for project delivery whilst also playing a central role in the expansion of Affinity.
Affinity Group is a start-up, founded in April 2022. Roll up your sleeves, as we have BIG AMBITIONS! Our first office is in the center of Amsterdam, with 10 people at present but growing every month. Our next office is opening in Frankfurt, however this is only the beginning: Vienna, Paris, Madrid, Milan are also in the pipeline. At Affinity Group we build from our experience, - we like to approach things differently. We’ll give you a big role and expect you to take complete ownership. We aren’t going to tell you what to do, you are the expert in your role, so you’ll inform us; in line with our plans of course. We are direct, we are hardworking, we have discussions and yes, we also encounter stress, we believe in complete transparency and calling each other out because we want to make you, ourselves and Affinity Group better. The result is very rewarding. If you want to learn quickly, want to grow, and you’re ready for this responsibility and ready to work with inspiring colleagues then Affinity Group is for you!
Our Mission: Bridging vision and realization
Affinity Group is an independent, full-service property development management company, managing and delivering projects from concept to completion.
We maximize our client partners’ investments through longstanding experience in design, branding and delivery.
The Role of Project Director
As our new Project Director you are responsible to lead individual, multi-disciplinary project solutions for clients in the DACH region from our new office in Frankfurt, with direct accountability for project delivery; projects will range in value from €3Kto €3M. You will also be heavily involved and influential in setting up our new office and developing client relations.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Managing a wide range of construction projects, where you define the scope together with the client, respecting budget, planning and quality - and track these following the defined procedures;
- Managing all facets of project management; budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk, for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and handover;
- Driving customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality projects in line with their brand and ambitions;
- Chairing projectmeetings and issuing frequent updates and reports to the Client team;
- Managing and coordinating external teams including the Client team, partners, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Providing input as necessary into legal documents. You are highly capable to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, lease agreements, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings;
- Managing the project’s health, safety and compliance standards inline with local regulations;
- Bringing structure to all current and future projects and ensure that everything runs smoothly so we as a team achieve our goals;
- Working very closely with the internal cost management and architectural teams to maintain a streamlined organizational structure;
- Managing the overall internal requirements of payroll and output of invoicing to clients.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in construction, engineering, architectural (interior) background or equivalent by experience in Design & Build / Construction / Technical projects;
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management, preferably in the hospitality, commercial and retail sectors;
- You are a native/fluent German speaker and fluent in English;
- You have experience in managing Client and sub-contractor relationships;
- You have strong organizational and analytical skills and are committed to provide efficient, timely, reliable and outstanding service to customers;
- You are a team player more than anything else, focused, persistent and have a hands-on mentality and take complete ownership of your projects; you are also just as comfortable and capable in working individually;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus;
- You recognise yourself in our values: we own it, believe in full transparency, are committed to making Affinity the best product, strive for personal excellence, are authentic in who we are and proud of what we do!
You’ll enjoy working with us because:
- At Affinity Group you have the opportunity to create your role from scratch, and we will give you complete ownership of it;
- Our office is beautifully located in the city center of Frankfurt. We enjoy cycling to work or taking public transport to minimize the impact on the environment. This is why we also offer a cycle plan and always make sure our offices are well connected to public transportation;
- We understand that it’s not always possible to be in the office which is why we offer a hybrid way of working, with 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home if you wish;
- We are a young dynamic company and continually develop and expand our list of employee benefits!
So, does this sound like you?
If you’re curious to find out more, we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to understand what captured your attention in the job description. We’ll plan a first call and meeting with our management team so that you can ask any questions you may have and both parties can get to know each other a little better.
As our team is our most valuable asset, we handle things quickly and will plan our conversations with you as soon as possible, so keep an eye on your phone and email. If you have any questions in the interim, you can call us on: +31 (0)20 2470 490.