Affinity Group are growing and we’re looking for colleagues to join us in our journey and help us open our 2nd office, based in Frankfurt. We are looking for a Cost Director with a passion for everything construction, and the ambition to help drive our services for exciting clients across the DACH region. We want you to be part of a young growing business where your knowledge and experience will contribute to building a strong brand and growing relationships with our clients.
Affinity Group is a start-up, founded in April 2022. Roll up your sleeves, as we have BIG AMBITIONS! Our first office is in the center of Amsterdam, with 10 people at present but growing every month. Our next office is opening in Frankfurt, however this is only the beginning: Vienna, Paris, Madrid, Milan are also in the pipeline. At Affinity Group we build from our experience, - we like to approach things differently. We’ll give you a big role and expect you to take complete ownership. We aren’t going to tell you what to do, you are the expert in your role, so you’ll inform us; in line with our plans of course. We are direct, we are hardworking, we have discussions and yes, we also encounter stress, we believe in complete transparency and calling each other out because we want to make you, ourselves and Affinity Group better. The result is very rewarding. If you want to learn quickly, want to grow, and you’re ready for this responsibility and ready to work with inspiring colleagues then Affinity Group is for you!
Our Mission: Bridging vision and realization
Affinity Group is an independent, full-service property development management company, managing and delivering projects from concept to completion.
We maximize our client partners’ investments through longstanding experience in design, branding and delivery.
The Role of Cost Director
As our new Cost Director you are responsible to handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, which can range from a €15m construction project or have commissioning responsibilities for a €50m package of a much larger overall contract for the DACH region. You will also be heavily involved and influential in setting up our new office. Does this sound like an adventure you want to join? If so, we’d love to meet you!
Your Main Responsibilities
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with our Sales & Marketing team to secure new opportunities
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Staff management (where appropriate) – input into resource management
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
Who are we looking for?
- You have a minimum of 5 year relevant experience inprevious roles
- You are an excellent communicator – native German, with a strong command of English
- You are analytical, flexible, self-starting and a real go-getter to ensure the whole cost operation runs smoothly
- You recognise yourself in our values: we own it, believe in full transparency, are committed to making Affinity the best product, strive for personal excellence, are authentic in who we are and proud of what we do!
You’ll enjoy working with us because:
- At Affinity Group you have the opportunity to create your role fromscratch, and we will give you complete ownership of it;
- Our office is beautifully located in the city center of Frankfurt. We enjoy cycling to work or taking public transport to minimize the impact on the environment. This is why we also offer a cycle plan and always make sure our offices are well connected to public transportation;
- We understand that it’s not always possible to be in the office which is why we offer a hybrid way of working, with 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home if you wish
- We are a young dynamic company and continually develop and expand our list of employee benefits!
So, do you think you are up for this?
If you’re curious to find out more, we want to hear from you!
Please send your CV to email@example.com. We’d love to understand what captured your attention in the job description. We’ll plan a first call and meeting with our management team so that you can ask any questions you may have and both parties can get to know each other a little better.
As our team is our most valuable asset, we handle things quickly and will plan our conversations with you as soon as possible, so keep an eye on your phone and email. If you have any questions in the interim, you can call us on: +31 (0)20 2470 490.