Business Operations Manager
Affinity Group are growing and we’re looking for colleagues to join us in our journey and help us open our 2nd office, based in Frankfurt. We’re looking for the ideal Business Operations Manager to make sure our operations run smoothly for our team and for our clients. We want you to be part of a young growing business where your knowledge and experience will contribute to building a strong brand and growing relationships with our clients. You will have direct accountability for setting up processes and procedures whilst also playing a central role in the expansion of Affinity.
Affinity Group is a start-up, founded in April 2022. Roll up your sleeves, as we have BIG AMBITIONS! Our first office is in the center of Amsterdam, with 10 people at present but growing every month. Our next office is opening in Frankfurt, however this is only the beginning: Vienna, Paris, Madrid, Milan are also in the pipeline. At Affinity Group we build from our experience, - we like to approach things differently. We’ll give you a big role and expect you to take complete ownership. We aren’t going to tell you what to do, you are the expert in your role, so you’ll inform us; in line with our plans of course. We are direct, we are hardworking, we have discussions and yes, we also encounter stress, we believe in complete transparency and calling each other out because we want to make you, ourselves and Affinity Group better. The result is very rewarding. If you want to learn quickly, want to grow, and you’re ready for this responsibility and ready to work with inspiring colleagues then Affinity Group is for you!
Our Mission: Bridging vision and realization
Affinity Group is an independent, full-service property development management company, managing and delivering projects from concept to completion.
We maximize our client partners’ investments through longstanding experience in design, branding and delivery.
The Role of Business Operations Manager
As our new Business Operations Manager, you will become the backbone of our dynamic branch office. As with any start-up, things move and change quickly, sometimes from one day to the next. Affinity Group has a very clear goal, and we're actively defining the optimum path to achieve this goal. As Business Operations Manager you will be the oil of our engine, both internally and externally and bring structure to all our current and future projects by ensuring that that all business operations run smoothly. Are you the team player we're looking for, making sure everything is in order for both the Frankfurt team and yourself? If so, we’d love to meet you!
What will you do?
- Managing PO’s, sending out invoices/invoice tracking and monitoring expenses using Xero and Harvest
- Monitoring performance and time: collecting and analysing time sheet data to measure and report on Affinity Delivery Team utilization and profitability
- Maintaining the smooth running of all office related matters including but not limited to – working with external IT provider to arrange computer set up for new hires and making sure that the tech is working as it should, working with the Mindspace office group if things need fixing, booking meeting rooms, managing post, ordering office supplies etc.
- Booking travel for colleagues
- Supporting HR with the onboarding of new employees
- General day to day administrative support of colleagues in the Frankfurt office
Who are we looking for?
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience from previous roles;
- You have strong organizational skills and are comfortable ensuring a structured approach is taken in everything you do;
- You are an excellent communicator – with a strong command of written and spoken English and German;
- You are analytical and keen to learn;
- You are flexible, self-starting and a real go-getter with a hands-on mentality;
- You are happy to take on the responsibility of making sure everything in the office runs smoothly;
- You have experience with various apps and tools (experience working with Teams and Power BI are beneficial). If you are not experienced with a particular tool, you are keen to master and implement the tool as quickly as possible;
- You are able to convert issues or ideas into a structural action plan with clear deliverables;
- You recognise yourself in our values: we own it, believe in full transparency ,are committed to making Affinity the best product, strive for personal excellence, are authentic in who we are and proud of what we do!
You’ll enjoy working with us because:
- At Affinity Group you have the opportunity to create your role from scratch in alignment with the Affinity values and spirit and we give you complete ownership of it;
- We believe in building a company together and offer a hybrid way of working, with 4 days in the office and 1 day working from home if you wish;
- If you’re curious to learn about all our benefits, give us a call or send us an email. As mentioned earlier we are still a young company and therefore we’re continually developing and expanding our list of employee benefits!
So, are you up for the challenge?
In order to apply, send us your CV via email to email@example.com or for any questions, call Ella on:+31 (0)6 4551 3461
From there the interview process is simple - we will arrange an initial call with, our People and Talent Manager, to get to know each other better and answer any questions you might have. Next will be an interview (via Teams) with our Amsterdam office Business Operation Manager. The final stage will be a interview at our office in Frankfurt with the Project Director and a member of Senior Management.
We look forward to speaking to you soon!